What personal information does Maalchat collect?
We may hold information relating to you that you have provided to us (such as on an application or registration form) or that we may have obtained from another source (such as our suppliers/agents or from marketing organizations and relayed agencies). This information may include, amongst other things, your name, address, telephone numbers, information on how you use our products and services (such as the type, date, time, location and duration of calls or messages and the chat history, the location of your mobile phone from time to time, lifestyle information, details of your Maalchat transactions and any other information collected concerning your use of our products and services).
How does Maalchat use your Personal Information?
Information that we collect and that you provide us with are personal information that we exert our utmost effort to preserve. Nevertheless, we share your Personal Information with stakeholder:
Information collected by Merchants and Agents
- We are legally permitted. We will take commercially reasonable steps to notify you if we are required to provide your personal information to merchants/agents as part of the business transaction.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a written government request or any legal action that requires disclosure.
- If Maalchat Wallet becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of its assets, we will provide notice before personally identifying information becomes subject to a different privacy statement.
- To any other merchant, as this is a prior consent from you to do so.
Information collected by the third party as servers
Use of Personal Information
We use personal information to provide you with products and services that you explicitly requested for, such as the following
- To carry out your instructions for making and receiving payments and undertake transactions using our services, including verifying that, it is you and that you have sufficient funds in your Maalchat Wallet to make such payments.
- To operate and administer your Maalchat account for providing services that you have requested.
- To notify you about changes to your service(s)
- To comply with financial services regulations including retention of financial information and transactions following regulatory directives.
- For customer service, including answering questions and responding to feedback and complaints.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the mobile application.
- To improve our internal customer training.
- For financial and identity checks, fraud prevention checks, and anti-money laundering checks.
- To enhance the security of our products and services.
- To send you promotional offers based on your potential preferences.
- To complete optional online surveys, which ask you for demographic info
Security & Data retention
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, lost, or destroyed. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure. We will retain your personal information for no longer than what is stated by the Palestinian Monetary Authority. The data storage period may vary with scenario, product, and service. We will maintain your registration information as long as your account is open. You can choose to close your account and terminate the service. After you close your account, we will stop providing you with products and services through your account and delete your relevant personal data, provided that deletion is not otherwise stipulated by special legal requirements.
Age of consent
By using Maalchat Wallet application, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use Maalchat Wallet application and website.
Questions and Contact Information